Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Slowly Coming Back

It's been only two months since my Dad died, but it feels like twenty years. I can't believe he's gone and I'm finding myself looking for him every time I visit my Mom. I look at my phone, wanting to call him just to talk to him about nothing like I use to. As I made the oyster stuffing for tomorrow, all I could think of was how much he would have loved eating it. I'm making it every Thanksgiving and Christmas from now on in his memory as it was his favorite stuffing. He's the reason why I made it in the first place. So tomorrow I will give thanks that I am still surrounded by a family that I love, but I will be missing so very much my Dad, the center of our family.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you have a day of good memories and great company with your family. It's nice to see you on here again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will take a long time. Sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete