Saturday, April 2, 2011

Blogging for Scrapbookers - Day 10

Todays topic doesn;t really apply to me as I do when I get the chance, do what was in our prompt for the day. Do you want to know what it is? Well, you'll have to join Shimelle's class to find out. Instead, I'll talk about my day. I got up early and rushed Bink and I off to school. Lots was accomplished and some really good things happened which we weren't allowed to discuss outside the school, so needless to say, many of us left happy as a result of said things. Afterwards Bink and I headed over to my Mom and Dad's house for a visit. They needed bananas and I brought our dinners with us. I had a nice time eating and talking with my parents about how the school and neighborhood in our little town use to be when they were younger and I wasn't born or when I was a kid. I grew up in a great Norman Rockwell kind of town. A place where all the kids were your friends and all the parents watched out for every child, not just their own. You don't get that any more. Now the kids run wild and act like animals and the parents turn their heads and make excuses for them. I'm so glad I grew up when I did. At least I can try and instill some of those things in my DD so she doesn't turn out like a lot of the children in the schools today. So anywho...I had a great visit with my parents. We ate, talked, I helped my Mom by cleaning the one bathroom and I'll go back again to do a totally cleaning of the kitchen and house soon. These visits where I clean give me time to talk and chat and enjoy time with my parents that I normally wouldn't get in an otherwise busy day. We left around 8:30 at night and those almost five hours flew by. I guess when you love the people in your life, time will always fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment