Monday, March 14, 2011

Just Me

Things have been too hectic. I've posted in the past how bad things have been and this past week they were made worse by finding out an old teammate's mom passed away unexpectedly and the expected death of my Uncle George. The mom had an infection from appendix surgery take her like, and cancer took Uncle George from our family. Toss that in with my Dad's recovery from his broken hip surgery, the nursing home that he rehabbed in screwed up his medicine, the hospital sent him home too early, and all the other things make it stressful. And of course the moment he got home, he started smoking again. Hockey season is almost over, but at least I have spring hockey to take away the stress. I also plan on starting to write again, this time with the hope of possibly making some money from it. I don't want to go back to a full time job and miss everything that Bink does. I don't want to send her to after care or day care in the summer. I would be working during the summer and all my income from a job would pay for that, so it doesn't make sense getting a full-time, year round job. I have to apply for my substitute teaching license for the school season. Crossing my fingers that my drawing and writing will appeal enough to people to make me a few dollars to at least pay for hockey next season. Okay, I'm off to get ready to go work, volunteering my time to save the school I should say, and get Bink ready too. Hope all of you are having a great day. I wouldn't wish my past few months on any of you and if you're having good times, then that makes me happy. :)

1 comment:

  1. So sorry for everything you are going through. Maybe once hockey season is done we can get together for some scrappin' time. Helps to have stuff to do to keep your mind off the other stuff.

    ReplyDelete